Offer: 1 post-doctoral position in phytolith analysis focussing on soil and sediment thin sections (1 year) Start date: 01/02/2022
The Maritime Cultures Research Institute (MARI) is a fundamental research centre that explores how people in or close to a maritime environment created particular ‘fluid’ cultures and societies based on connectivity and transience. Within MARI’s research project "Archaeology of Coastal Communities: social resilience, innovation and adaptation in landscape, settlement and material culture driven by migration and globalization, climate and environment” we are opening a call for a 1 year post-doctoral position in phytolith analysis focussing on soil and sediment thin sections.
- The study of phytoliths in thin sections from 2 settlement sites under investigation in the project
- Take an active part in the project and in MARI (attend regular meetings) and work closely with all members of the team (PIs, PhDs,and Postdocs)
- PhD in archaeology, archaeological sciences or biology - Profound knowledge and skills in phytolith studies - Highly motivated and eager to cross the boundaries between humanities and science - Team spirit and excellent communication skills - Level B2 or higher in English
- Previous experience working with a petrographic microscope, preferentially on soil and sediment thin sections
Applications must include:
- Detailed CV - Essay (max. 500 words) in which you explain the relevance of the study of phytoliths in soil and sediment thin sections - Portfolio detailing research experience (dissertation, reports, publications) - Copy of diploma(s)
Applications are to be sent to Dr. Yannick Devos (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 15 December 2021.
The selected candidates will be invited for a job interview via ZOOM on 22nd of December 2021.